Saturday 9 March 2013

10/52




I know I have mentioned it previously; however, Tira and Jarvis share a special bond. Tira will watch over Jarvis. She is ultra protective of him, this includes bath time. Tira will come in a ‘supervise’ Jarvis’s bath. He will splash and throw water at the cat. But strange cat that she is, Tira just sits there and takes it from him.
I even joke sometime that Tira acts a bit motherly towards Jarvis, watching over him, as if none of us humans can do it well enough.

There are a few, Portrait a Week options out there. A lot involve taking a portrait of your children each week. Jodi over at Che andFidel has inspired me to pick up my camera and turn the focus inward. Since I already take 100s of photos of my children each week, so I thought I would twist the idea a little. What I never seem to get is group shots, images of the family together. Whether it is my two children, Tamika and Jarvis. Or me with the kids. Or shots of Justin and I. So I am going to challenge myself to get one image of "my family" per week. 





14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love see these two together. Calms Tira down, and teaches Jarvis about animals

      Delete
  2. I love this so much. Animals really do have a tendency to protect the children that they love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tira is good with Jarvis, especially considering she is a bit 'wild' with everyone else.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. If only I could get an 'after' shot of Tira to show how wet she gets

      Delete
  4. What an adorable little man you have. And I agree, animals do sense that little ones need protection and care... our cat does the same with our baby boy. Love this photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How was your cat with you when you were pregnant? Tira slept on my belly every chance she got.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely photo, I loved seeing Otto grow up with my old dog Roxy before she left us. We often think of having another pet, but not just yet. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is good for kids to grow up with pets. But I agree, wait until your heart heals

      Delete
  6. My last week's favourite portrait! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do love seeing the interaction between these two.

      Delete

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.