Monday 25 February 2013

VACANCES EN FRANCE: PARTIE A TREIZE/ HOLIDAYS IN FRANCE: PART THIRTEEN A


One Hotel Room at a Time. 

After leaving Chateau de Brou, and arriving Paris, a strange energy over came me. For a lot of the trip, I was a little lax in taking photos. But after arriving in back in Paris, it was as if I wanted to consume the entire city, with my camera and my tummy. I could not get enough. Paris on the way in was like a tired old lady. Paris on our way out, it was if the old lady got out of her dressing grown, and dressed up in all of her finery for us to see.


Paris this time showed me why people fall in love with her. Our hotel, Hotel de Seine, was located in the historic 6th district in central Paris, near Boulevard Saint Germain. An amazing location, with a crepe place every couple of meters, and walking distance to everything we wanted.

Selfie in the elevator mirror 


Wasn't our hotel a classy old girl?

We spent the morning exploring the streets around our hotel, and the afternoon at the park. It seems to be a very 'French thing" to go to the park with your children on a Sunday, as the park was crowed with families. Oh and we fitted in lots of food stops.



We had saved the Eiffel Tower for our last night in France, and I am so glad we did, it was such a gorgeous night. Jarvis fell asleep soon after the Tower visit, which gave Justin and I a chance to have a romantic (read uninterrupted) meal and view of the Eiffel tower.




Near the Eiffel tower was the “Buddy Bears”, one bear for each country. Here is Australia’s. The unique United Buddy Bears project features 140 bear sculptures representing as many countries recognised by the United Nations. Standing together hand in hand, the 2m tall bears promote tolerance and living together in peace. 





So, yes that is a lot of photos of the Eiffel Tower, but I fell in love with it all over again


( I am going to break Paris into three parts because I did go crazy with the camera)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.