Saturday 23 February 2013

8/52


We, Tamika, Jarvis and I, were all sitting on the floor in my bedroom on Friday night; I looked down and saw our feet, and thought how very different we all are yet still very much the same.


Just for reference, Jarvis is on the left, I am center and Tamika is on the right.

I also think an image of our feet is an appropriate one for this week. Because at 2.30 am Saturday morning Tamika got on a plane for her first overseas journey by herself. My Bubby has not even been gone two days and I am missing her so much my heart hurts.

Stay safe Bubby and use those ugly toes of yours to keep your grounded while you are Thailand and to bring you home to me and your little brother.


There are a few, Portrait a Week options out there. A lot involve taking a portrait of your children each week. Jodi over at Che and Fidel has inspired me to pick up my camera and turn the focus inward. Since I already take 100s of photos of my children each week, so I thought I would twist the idea a little. What I never seem to get is group shots, images of the family together. Whether it is my two children, Tamika and Jarvis. Or me with the kids. Or shots of Justin and I. So I am going to challenge myself to get one image of "my family" per week. 




12 comments:

  1. You all have lovely toes! I hope she stays safe and has the most amazing time (I am excited for but also dread when my eldest is ready to do those things).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teak actually has ugly toes...I love her, but her toes...ughhh. She has travelled overseas heaps with me, but this is her first time on her own. I am excited, yet nervous for her.
      Oh, and on a side note, Lila I always have trouble commenting on your page, it rarely allows me to? What am I doing wrong?

      Delete
    2. Haha you should see my husband's toes...

      Delete
  2. What a cute picture! I like your twist on Jodi's idea! May I steal it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's tough when they first fly away from the nest. I wish her safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it matters how old they get, children stay your babies for ever

      Delete
  4. Oh wow - hope your girl has the best trip! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went together in 2006. But am guessing this trip will be completely different for her now that Tamika is 20 and not 12.

      Delete
  5. cute photo! I hope her trip is awesome and safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am also very hopeful of the same thing.

      Delete

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.