Monday 9 March 2015

MUMS IN BUSINESS: RABBIT'S WARREN CAFE

So this post, is all about shameless promotion of my daughter's business. But I am so proud of her! How many 22 years old decide to just go for it and follow their dreams? Tamika, along with her partner, have opened a cafe in Brisbane Fortitude Valley. Think that is a big step? add in a five month old baby, Guy working nights, plus going to uni, and you have one very busy Mumma.




Jump onto Rabbit's Warren Cafe Facebook page and give them a like. 

Read underneath Tamika's interview, I have a special offer for everyone who visits the cafe and mentions Iliska Dreams. Yup, everyone for the rest of March will get this offer on me. 

1. Tell the readers a little about yourself, can you share a bit on yourself and your background?

I am a 22 year old, Mum to 5 month old boy called Chester.

Throughout high school I worked at McDonald's McCafe. I started that job when I was 14. Macca's paid for an iPod, a car, a trip to Spain, and many laptops and phones throughout the 4 years I was employed with them.

I decided to leave McDonald's when I graduated high school. I wanted to move on from a high school job and I wanted to start my life. However I got stuck, I got stuck in admin. To put it bluntly, I hated it! I hated being pushed around, I didn't like being treated like crap! It made me a really angry person. I started, and stopped, Uni three times not feeling inspired to make a career for myself. I was definitely lacking in motivation.

Then, in 2013 I fell pregnant, and that's when I really felt like I needed to change my life. 


2. What inspires you?
My family, and my partner Guy. Guy works nights in a dead end job to support us, while still at Uni finishing his law/business degree. Even though he has stopped and started a few times, he always pushes through and proves to me he can do so much more with life.

My mum, she has done more degrees then any person I know. She may not have found her passion until now, but she taught me that I don't have to pick just one thing I like or I am good at. Life is all about experimenting and failing until you find something you really enjoy.


3. How did you begin your business?
Guy and I have always dreamed about owning a cafe or a bar.

Since I have known Guy it's all he's ever talked about it; one day, on one of our many breakfast dates, we planned out owning our own cafe.

It wasn't until January 2015 Guy saw an ad for this cafe in the Valley, and sent me the link as a joke. I didn't think he was joking, and told him to call the woman to discuss a time to meet. From there, it took off. 


4. How do you balance life and running a business?
To be honest, it's really hard! I wanted to have a full year off with my son. I am just lucky to have an amazing support network. I knew it wasn't going to be easy. Being a mother to a newborn isn't easy in it's self.

Now I have the cafe it's multiplied, my stress levels are through the roof. The thing I enjoy the most is at the end of the day knowing I get to come home to Chester. Taking time out just to be with him.


5. What direction do you see yourself and your company heading?
To be honest, I don't really know where I would like to see this going. We only just started. I am just happy we are following our dreams.


6. What advise would you give someone else wanting to start/run their own business?
Do it! No matter what! Do not let anything stop you from starting your own business or new adventure.

You don't know if you're going to succeed until you have tried.

For me, I didn't want to not try, and regret later in life, even though right now it is a juggle for our family. This may be the best thing we do for our future. 







For all of my social media followers, here, on Facebook and on Instagram I have teamed up with Rabbit Warren's Cafe to offer a special deal...for the rest of March!

1. Buy one drink and get the second for free. You can either give it to a friend on the day, or come back again for your freebie.

2. For every Mum/parent who comes in with their children, for every purchase you make the kids will get a free drink.


All you have to do is mention Iliska Dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.