Thursday 1 August 2013

CUSTOMER SERVICE THANK YOU.

I have worked in retail a long time, so now one thing I appreciate is genuine, good, customer service. Today I got amazing customer service!

This is how happy I look after great customer service! Scrunchy nose is a sign of real happiness with me.

Over the last two weeks my poor overlocker had just sat there, wanting to be fixed. I attempted to take out the old needle on several occasions; I even got Justin to try. Okay yes I know if I could find the tool kit and the instructions, life would be easier.

I decided to take it to Sewco at Mt Gravatt, as my sewing and mending pile was growing. I was more than willing to pay to have it cleaned and for the new needle to be inserted. However, Janette (who served me) not only cleaned and replaced the needles, she did it for free AND she was patient enough to show/teach me how to do it.

They hold a half hour class for $35, on the how to basics with your overlocker, I am definitely asking for this as a birthday present!

Again, I cannot comment enough on the great service, she even recommended other fabric places I could go in my quest of finding fabric with maps on it. 

Their business card, much recommended  

 My happy fixed machine

6 comments:

  1. My overlocker needs a service too! And my sewing machine. I've been quoted about $200 (or a bit less) each. Sigh.

    The chappie I saw was friendly enough, chattering away to Ken like they were old friends, but I haven't tested their service yet. Also in Mt Gravatt, but not the same company you saw. If they don't work out I know where to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give these guys a call. they have serviced my sewing machine before and done a great job. Plus heaps cheaper than your quote.

      Delete
  2. Good on you for spreading the word. A little good goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much negativity out there. It feels good to spread some positive opinions.

      Delete
  3. Always good to share positive experiences, it's nice to reward good customer service. I think smart business are waking up to the reality that word of mouth has such an impact now (with social media) and the smart ones are providing great customer service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice to support small businesses, especially when the customer service is this good.

      Delete

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.