Tuesday 2 July 2013

TOP 3, NO WAIT... CAN I HAVE 5?

It has taken me all morning to pick three. Who would have thought it so hard to edit 26 images. But I kept picking different images for different reasons. Then I realised all of the ones that I was really drawn to, are the one that show the connections of love. Which is the reason I decided to show family members together in the first place. For this post, I have converted all of the images to Black & White, so it is all about the love.

So of course my favourite had to include my babies together.

Justin and I together.

Jarvis and I

Justin and Jarvis

And us a group.

Okay, okay, so I know that is five, but Jodi’s project has given me that chance to do and show something that is so special to my heart. My family.


Ps: sorry Tira you did not get included, but you are also very important to me and my family. 

There are a few, Portrait a Week options out there. A lot involve taking a portrait of your children each week. Jodi over at Che and Fidel has inspired me to pick up my camera and turn the focus inward. Since I already take 100s of photos of my children each week, so I thought I would twist the idea a little. What I never seem to get is group shots, images of the family together, whether it is my two children, Tamika and Jarvis, or me with the kids, or shots of Justin and I. So I am going to challenge myself to get one image of "my family" per week.




8 comments:

  1. Such sweet and candid photos! You can see the love in your eyes and the delight in your smiles. Great choices.

    I had trouble choosing too. So glad I've been doing the project this year though. I've only missed one week, after my eye surgery. I'll post my favourites to my blog tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this series, for so many reasons, Can't wait to see your three

      Delete
  2. All gorgeous I can see why three wasn't enough! The bottom is definitely my favourite though, just so much happy in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottom image also makes me sad. It is the only group photo we have of us this year!!! Need to take more images of us as a group

      Delete
  3. Such gorgeous photos. I can see the love in your family. Love the black and white pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) You must be getting close now to having your Bubba?

      Delete
  4. You did well to find so many beautiful photos. What a gorgeous family you have. I wasn't able to include my eldest step daughter in this either - as she lives in NSW. Such a shame!

    Well done on so many beautiful family shots. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You need to photo shop her in at least one image! How far apart from each other do you live?

      Delete

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.