Thursday 25 July 2013

BUBBY'S NEW OLD DINING TABLE AND FOUR CHAIRS

Tamkia, I guess now that she is almost 21 and about to move out with her partner I should stop calling her Bubby? Tamika and Guy have very little belongings, so Guy has been on the hunt for cheap bargins via Ebay and Gumtree. He found a dining table and four chairs cheap, so it came to rest at my house until they move.


The dining table and structure of the chairs are nice. However, Tamika hated the fabric of the chairs. Fussy girl didn't like the colour of the fabric or how it was worn.

So a quick trip to Spotlight and a purchase of three metres of curtain/upholstery fabric was made. (Three meters is needed as I have another upcycle project for them I am doing)

Almost done. Only thing that is stopping me I am short a couple of screws. Hmm sounds like a lame joke Justin would tell. I have swapped the original screws over for longer ones.


The other thing stopping me is my inability to lift my arms…. Ahhh the agony of stopping breastfeeding. But that is a whole other post. 




10 comments:

  1. gorgeous 'new' chairs but Jarvis's 'bum' is stealing the show lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look much better with your handy work!
    Eve thought Jarvis was her (as with any other toddler she sees pictures of. When I corrected her she repeated Jarvis' name perfectly which I thought was adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clever girl! Jarvis is yet to really talk.
      Am going to do another upcycle project for them today

      Delete
  3. The chairs look like they or Jarvis's seal of approval. I like the bright red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red has always been a favourite colour of mine. Tamika has decided to have red accents in her apartment....all to match the red icecream machine she owns. Hmm as you do

      Delete
  4. If you cut out 1 feed a week and drink some black coffee , it usually goes ok without too much discomfort.
    Chairs look great, well done.
    Gumtree is so good for finding things at reasonable prices and not too far away.
    Some Op shops have awesome furniture, but you have to go earliest Tuesday morning (garage sale leftovers that are sorted on Monday) to get ahead of the dealers.
    A notebook with her fave recipes might be a nice idea,have fun helping Bubby fill her "nest"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought of that with the Op shops. Good hint.

      Delete
  5. First of all ADORABLE pants on jarvis! I think the chairs look great, I'm sure Tamika appreciates it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cheap leggings off Ebay. So comfy for Jarvis to play in. Teak has a list of things she wants me to make/do for her new apartment.

      Delete

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.