Wednesday 16 March 2016

DEAR OPTUS, NOT HAPPY!!

Last year my contract ran out with Optus. It did not bother me in the slightest. Stayed with my old phone and paying pre-paid. Eventually my old phone stopped working, so I went in and got talked into the Samsung Galaxy S5. Apparently the camera is meant to be good.


Me, a phone is a phone I do not really care. However, from the start I thought this phone was a bit dodgy. At first I thought it was because the phone is a cheaper model than I use to have.

Battery goes flat within a couple of hours, phone gets really hot to touch, and if I actually talk on the thing everyone complains that I drop in and out, and that they cannot hear me.

Six months down the track, and three visits to Optus stores. Still no solution to my phone. First visit I was told to upgrade my software, second was told nothing wrong with phone, third visit they changed the sim card. Which she said she had backed up/transferred all of my phone numbers, but nup all gone. 

How any of this would solve the issues with the phone I am not sure.

Today, I call, and was on hold for an hour collectively over a couple of calls to customer support. This does not include the talking time. 

New solution they will send me a post bag, and I have to post my phone away for someone to look at it. Which means no phone for a couple of weeks. His solution was to go and buy another phone while my phone is sent away. Seriously! If I buy a new phone why do I need my freaken old phone???


The sales assistants have all been friendly young kids, who I am sure are following company procedure. But seriously Optus get your act together! 

NOT HAPPY JAN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.