Monday 9 November 2015

TOURIST TUESDAY: DAY FOUR IMPERIAL PALACE DAY, AKIHABARA DISTRICT NIGHT


Thursday we set off for the Imperial Palace. Travelling with Justin has a distinctive advantage... I do not have worry at all as to which train to catch, I let him figure it all out, and I follow, just tapping my Suica card as I enter, and exit. As the trains rushed past me I thought of how this gave me such ease. It is always good to travel with someone who has a different skill set than you do.


The Imperial Palace, where the Majesties the Emperor and Empress reside, is situated in the middle of Tokyo. The palace is surrounded by a water-filled moat and tree-covered grounds, a precious taste of nature within the bustling metropolitan city.



Even though it was a very windy day, It was still lovely to walk through the gardens.


With two people who love their cameras as much as Justin and I do, we do tend to get a lot of photos of each other taking photos.




After delicious lunch, we hit up one or two of the ops shops on Justin's list.

To ensure my sanity and Jarvis's good behaviour I still insist on naps during the day while we are on holidays. I find it also helps me. I get to relax and enjoy a book or three. While Justin heads out, child free to take photos.

Thursday night was all about Jarvis and Justin, we headed to the electronics district. Akihabara is a district in central Tokyo that is famous for its many electronics shops. In more recent years, Akihabara has gained recognition as the center of Japan's otaku culture, and many shops and establishments devoted to anime and manga are now dispersed among the electronic stores in the district.


The boys spent ages playing games. While I alternated between being overwhelmed by the noise and being bored, having no interest in games at all.



Back in Harajuku, we ended the night with a massive sugar rush. We bought fairy floss for Jarvis, but after one or two bits he was done. Justin and I sat there eating the rest, until we both asked ours selves why or why where we eating this? Fairy floss always does that to me. I am attracted to it soft spun sweetness, only part way in I fell sick and think gross I am eating pure sugar. I think we all had more fun watching ti being made than eating it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.