Sunday 6 September 2015

IRIS, FROM THE REMNANT BIN TO MY WARDROBE


Meet Iris my latest skirt. She is a thrifty, yet fun loving skirt. My favourite style of skirt, I love how throwing this style on, with a vintage t-shirt, can look like I have made an effort. And yes, I will always be a fan of fun coloured cons.

I had one piece of remnant of the pink floral fabric in my stash for ages, but at only 60cm long, I was not sure what to do with it. Then a couple of weeks ago a second remnant came up, and I grabbed it. The fabric is a cotton blend from the furnishings department, at 160cm wide I knew that two pieces, combined with some pink cotton broadcloth from my stash, would be enough to make a skirt.


She got her name from Jen, at The Stitcher and Gatherer. Will have to ask Jen why Iris.

The photos were taken by Justin. The styling by Jarvis. Outfit combination, right down to the socks and poses was directed by Jarvis. I need to video him next time Justin takes my photos, so funny, him telling me the whole time "look better like this, and then shows off a pose I am meant to make".






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.