Saturday 23 March 2013

12/52



This week’s portrait was taken by Justin. Jarvis was in a mood, he was so upset he would not let go of me for the whole evening. Even for his bath-time which he normally loves. I can tell you it is way too small a tube for the both of us. 



There are a few, Portrait a Week options out there. A lot involve taking a portrait of your children each week. Jodi over at Che and Fidel has inspired me to pick up my camera and turn the focus inward. Since I already take 100s of photos of my children each week, so I thought I would twist the idea a little. What I never seem to get is group shots, images of the family together, whether it is my two children, Tamika and Jarvis, or me with the kids, or shots of Justin and I. So I am going to challenge myself to get one image of "my family" per week.




12 comments:

  1. So sweet! I wonder what did upset him...I always do with Nereus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure, Jarvis was just sad/cranky all day and would not let go of me. Our bath tube is only little less than a meter square and only about 30cm deep. Way to small for any adult to even sit in.

      Delete
  2. I love this photo. There is such tenderness.... a little one who just needs Mama. We all have those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if it is a good or bad thing, but he is a bit of a Mumma's boy

      Delete
  3. Oh poor little fella...sad he wasn't feeling the best....but it makes a precious photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We, Justin and I, have been making more of an effort to capture all off the moments in Jarvis's life, and not just the happy, cute ones.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! Just clicked around a bit and wowowow I love your photos!

    www.mamacase.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoyed having a read/look through your bog

      Delete
  5. So sad when they aren't well and you don't know why, sometimes it can be a sickness brewing, that shows up a day or 2 later.....could it be the "2 year old" teeth making an appearance ? they are big and they HURT coming through the gums.Hope he is feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Jarvis is getting his 2 year old teeth at 15month, then I am scared. Not sure why, but some days, Jarvis is just a bit clingy to me.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you. I like it, mostly because it is rare for me to have an unposed (tripod) photo of me with either of my children

      Delete

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.