Monday 8 February 2016

52 ITEMS IN 52 WEEKS: WEEK FIVE


It was hot in Brisbane last week, Tuesday was 36 degree celsius, (in fahrenheit that is 98.9). And super humid, one day the humidity was up to 85%. So pretty much all week I was covered in sweat. I was also bitching about not having anything to wear, while Justin and Jarvis were wandering around the house in their jocks.

One night, when I could not sleep because of the heat, I thought of an idea. I struggle with retail shorts, they seem to fall into two categories. One: shorts that are shorter than my undies. Or two: Mum shorts. Yes, yes, I know I am a Mum, I am a grandmother, but Mum shorts, well are just super daggy. Anyhow, in the heat one night I thought of making shorts that were more 'me'.

In the early hours of the next morning, before the heat struck, I got some fabric from my stash and whipped up these shorts. 



 Item One
They are kinda like a gathered shirt met a pair of boxers shorts. I am super happy with them, the fabric is a lawn so super light and breezy, but the length is more appropriate for the Nana I am.

Item Two
I love them so much I made a second pair late one night. They fit even better, however, the fabric is a tad on the see through side. Okay if I wear the shorts to the beach over togs, but that is about it.

I am already sewing up a third pair in a rayon. With each attempt I am tweaking the pattern just a bit to get them 'just right'.

But... finally I own shorts!


Jarvis was not happy with my modelling. I admit I really struggle on the other side of the camera, so these are his instructed posses.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.