Monday 30 November 2015

TOURIST TUESDAY: DAY SEVEN HARAJUKU


We had planned to spend the morning and most of the day photographing the Tokyo Rockabilly Club. Which has been gathering every Sunday in Yoyogi Park near Meiji-Jingumae station for thirty years to celebrate spirit of the 50s. Justin and I had been excited about this for weeks. But of course on the one Sunday we are in Tokyo is rains. And no one shows up.

To commiserate we have a ginormous breakfast, and opted to spend the day just wandering around Harajuku. 


With a pitt stop for Justin to buy new Docs. (great customer service here!)


Yes, we could have travelled else where. But, travelling with a toddler, and with both Justin's and my love of photographing people. We knew we would be more than happy to people watch. I took so many photos that day, a lot with my little (heavy) accessory on my shoulders. On busy days, Justin and I take turns keeping Jarvis up high above the crowds



The highlight of the day for Jarvis was we went to the Deus Cafe, and we finally found him a chocolate milkshake. Jarvis got to oggle the bikes, and Jarvis consumed two milkshakes. So I had two very happy boys. 

Look at his milk stoned eyes! So content!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.