Following on from last week's sewing post, is the dress I made for Sarah. I called this dress 'Judy'. (Judy from work helped me pick the fabric and ric rac)
Please Note: This is Sarah's image that I copied from her instagram account. PS I have major hair envy of her gorgeous red hair!
It was an odd mixture of daunting, and exciting, sewing a dress for someone whom you have never met. It was not so much the sewing bit, but picking everything for Sarah from the pattern to the fabric. Having total control over what I was making her, was odd. I did lots of stalking on her blog and Instagram account.
I selected a vintage pattern, I am guessing from the 70s. It seemed basic when I ordered the pattern off Ebay, however inside once I opened the pattern I realised there were no instructions in English.
I fumbled through, but in the end I am happy with how it turned out. So much so I made myself a matching dress in pink floral, to wear while we were in