Thursday 19 March 2015

HOW DO YOU ACCEPT A COMPLIMENT?

Am I the only one who finds it hard to personally accept compliments? And how do you possibly talk about them without sound like a, well a conceited wank?


But, since I have talked about negative feedback and reactions from others, I thought I should talk about how there are people, out there who can be super nice, who give compliments.

There is a girl a work who is lovely to everyone. Said my hair looked like a beautiful mermaid. She is positive about so much and towards so many people.

Then on Monday I took Jarvis to Wet & Wild on the coast. Yup got this 47 year old unfit white body out in a bikini. Sometimes the thought crosses my mind that maybe I should cover up more because of my age. But then I go and play with Jarvis and forget about body issues.

Long story, but was chatting to another Mum while our kids played together in the water. She asked if I had adopted Jarvis. When I said no, her response... "No way, your body does not look like it has ever been pregnant or given birth". When I told her Jarvis was my second, plus I was a grandmother, she then asked/stated "wow you must spend so much time at the gym to have such a great body".

Wasn't sure how to tell her I never exercise. Plus I got all uncomfortable with her compliments. My first response was to argue, "my body is not that good", "I am old", "I have lumps and bumps" and so on. Rather to say thank you. My instinct was to deny. 

Am I the only one who has not learnt/been taught how to accept a compliment?

What do you do?

Do you mumble like an idiot like I do? 

On a side note: The image has nothing to do with the post. I just like this shot of Justin and I done together, and I do not think I have ever shared how amazing they all are. Took my ages to pick just this one. And no we are not nude, this image just makes us look like we both were. Though I did make Justin take his shirt off. Yep, I do enjoy a good perv on my partner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.