Thursday 27 November 2014

FAT GIRL WANTS TO BE A MUM, BUT HAS NO MAN IN HER LIFE

Okay, so after having chickens for almost a year I am slowly learning about them. But how do you deal with a clucky chicken? Fat Girl wants a baby.


Our Sussex had not layed an egg for almost three weeks. But she will not move out of the laying box, she sits all day on the other chocks eggs. If I pick her up to move her out, to make sure she eats or to clean the box she goes crazy, flapping her wings and clucking so loud. She will not calm down until I put her pack in on top of an egg, or eggs.

Now with no men in her life, there is no way she, or the other girls, will have fertilised eggs. I do know it is normal for them to get broody in the warmer months. 


It was hard enough to convince myself I was not having any more children, so how do I get Fat Girl to face the fact that she is not going to be a Mum?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.