Sunday 16 February 2014

RED GINGHAM DRESS CUT OUT

In keeping with my sewing resolutions for this year I rummaged through my fabric stash and my vintage pattern stash and found this combination. It is going to be Miss 70s meets Miss 50s with a touch of my pattern drafting throwing in.


The skirt is all Miss 5os. The bodice, well the front is Miss 70s and the back is my drafting. The original Miss 70s had a high square back and I have altered it to a lower V shaped back. I also added an extra five centimetres to the bodice length as I am long waisted. 

I am using a red cotton gingham lined with a white poly cotton. One nap was drafting and cutting. Yes, I measure my sewing in nap times. I think I am going to need a few naps to get this finished.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.