Wednesday 10 December 2014

36 MONTHS


Growth & Appearance:
You are 98cm tall, and you weigh 15.5kg. What does this mean? I think you are about average? Who knows. On average you are a size three in a shirt. Yet you are so skinny around the hips, in store bought clothes you are still wearing 0s and 1s.
All I know is that you are gorgeous and growing, so that is all I care about. Though I have thought of bringing back foot binding, at the rate your feet grow. 


Eating:
You go through days of not wanting to eat anything, and other days you eat so much I think you will explode.
You have also learnt to help yourself from the fridge and pantry. Which means sometimes when you go really quiet, I find you mid pig out on something.



Talking: 
At home and around people you are comfortable with, you are a little chatterbox. Though if we are out, or with people you are not so sure of, you are shy. But you absorption of new words is incredible.

Sleeping: 
So for your birthday, your Dad decided that you should sleep in your own bed. No more cot. But in reality, this means I am going back to broken sleep. You either want me to sleep with you in your single bed, hanging onto me so tight all night. Or you sleep in "Mummy Daddy bed". Which is where you ask to sleep every night since the cot has gone. Yes I know you were too old for the cot. But at least you slept in it all night in your own space. Now we are truly back to co-sleeping. Okay you sleep, I get kicked awake all night.
However, for your day nap you happily sleep in your bed.


Development:
You have known all of your letters for ages and ages, since around your second birthday. But, of late I have been testing you and getting you to read words to me. Plus I have been attempting to do more maths. It was never my interest, so I am a bit slack in teaching you numbers.
You have had one or two tantrums of late. But it has happened late at night, normally after a big day, and you are tired and frustrated trying to tell us something. First time I told you "it is okay to have big emotions, but go to your room, and when you are calm I will come in and talk to you". Second time it happened you went into your room by yourself. Then as soon as I followed you in, you climbed on my lap and cuddled with me. So I hope, how this worked with Teak, it will also work with you.

Favourites:
For your birthday you got a bubble gun and trampoline. Both of which you adore. Your uncle Ken gave you three books, Octonauts, Buzzbee and Giggle and Hoot. At a guess I would say I have read these three books everyday since your birthday at least three times.
You are still a huge fan of going to cafes for milkshakes. They only fall into two categories, 'good' and 'not good'. You like being the critic.
You have also had much fun this past month with your 'own' garden. I let you pick what ever seeds you wanted and have planted it for you. You picked all 'zizzie' seeds and have planted them willy nilly. So I am hopeful with all of this rain you will get an explosion of flowers in your garden.


How I am thinking/Feeling:
Three. You are three. I knew it would go fast. I was prepared for it, because of Tamika. yet the speed in which you are aging is...well it seems on fast-forward.  Definitely my baby no longer, you are the most loving, crazy, and stubborn person I know.

You stop me from doing so much. I think I want to sew or do something, yet then you come and ask me to play and I realise, all I really want to do is enjoy being with you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.