Thursday 23 October 2014

WELL DONE MUMMAS


The other night I posted a simple image and caption to my Instagram and Facebook page. "Took the bins out. Prepared a roast dinner. Went for a walk. Feed the toddler all while wearing a baby. My esteem and congratulations go out to all those Mummas that do this on a daily basis. Women with more than one small child you are amazing in what you manage each and every day."

It started a conversation, and later I was thinking about what Cherie said "And also, more women need to do THIS every day. Compliment each other. I actually felt legitimately proud of myself reading this whilst wrangling my littles  Sometimes it can honestly be MONTHS in between Dave telling me I am actually "doing good". x

You can find Cherie at Raising Master Max on her Facebook page and blog

I realised that not once in my almost 22 years of parenting has anyone ever told me that I was doing a good job. That is, until a random stranger, approached me this week and said "I have been watching you interact with your son. You are one of the best mothers I have seen in awhile. Your son's beautiful manners are a direct result of your parenting." I mumbled a thank you and she then said "you should be proud. I am a child therapist and mother of six".

I have had many people comment on how well behaved Tamika was, and now how Jarvis is. Yet no one has ever complimented me as a parent and attributed my child's manners to me.

Motherhood is a titled that is earned, oh boy is it earned! It is earned in tears, sleepless nights, and endless worrying. It is earned in fears you have for your child; fears of devastating illness, fears of accidents, and fears of the craziness of the world in which we live.

So to all of the Mums out there, with one, two or more children, let me say... well done you are doing an amazing job.


Oh and I think the above image just about sums up motherhood. I am trying to look like I have it all under control and act like I know what I am doing. However, in reality I am sitting in a cow field, stinking of poo, being bitting on the butt by and ant pretending to know what I am doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.