Thursday 1 May 2014

WHAT I GROW IN MY GARDEN: SPINACH

This week's post is dedicated to Catlin at Mother Down Under

Cutting from Dad's Spinach. 

I have been growing my own veggies two for almost two years, experimenting with what works and what doesn't. Always trying to incorporate a lot of what we cook with. Yet until Catlin did this post I have never thought to grow our own spinach.

Now I have not one, but two varieties. I went to Dad's and got a cutting of his climbing spinach. This I put in a pot. Then I cheated a little, and went to Bunnings and got spinach seedlings. I normally try to grow all mine from seeds. However since I planted over three weeks ago and the weather is turning cold I did not want the spinach to fall behind. It will be interesting to see which grows better.

Retail Seedling. 


This week I am asking for advice. What should I and should I not be doing to get a bumper crop? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.