Saturday 22 June 2013

25/52


When ever I sit down Jarvis wants to sit on me. When ever I lay down, Jarvis wants to lay on me. Not beside me, but on me. Often with his fingers in my mouth. Justin and I joke he has a heavy head made of concrete and laying down involves lots of head butts (accidentally, as he fidgets). I got Justin to take a photo, that way we can have a record of this nightly occurrence.

There are a few, Portrait a Week options out there. A lot involve taking a portrait of your children each week. Jodi over at Che and Fidel has inspired me to pick up my camera and turn the focus inward. Since I already take 100s of photos of my children each week, so I thought I would twist the idea a little. What I never seem to get is group shots, images of the family together, whether it is my two children, Tamika and Jarvis, or me with the kids, or shots of Justin and I. So I am going to challenge myself to get one image of "my family" per week.





21 comments:

  1. Mummy makes a lovely place to lie, this is adorable x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love that he always wants to cuddle. I don't love the head butts and that he always wants his fingers in my mouth.

      Delete
  2. looks comfy!!...my Frankie always wants her face close to mine...she breaths on me and I hate it!...but I love her cuddles x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jarvis is a nice and warm. Hmm but no not too comfy. But I too love the cuddles.

      Delete
  3. I can relate! HAHA, but their so sweet at this stage with all the cuddles. I can do without the head butting too though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are their heads so hard? At least Jarvis has stopped the biting stage.

      Delete
  4. Cuddles on the couch are so fun! Love your idea of family images.
    Stephanie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweetie, these are the little things that (even though a bit annoying now) you will miss when he grows out of them. I have been doing a monthly linkup "Behind the Camera" trying to get more people -in- photos rather then always just taking them. Would love you to linkup sometime. (its been slow to get off the ground!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sound like a great idea! I use to hate getting my photo taken (still do), but then I read an article about how so many Mums get missed out of the family history because they feel like me. So I am attempting to be all inclusive with my image taking. Love to know more about the link up

      Delete
  6. I love your spin on the project! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wanted to make sure we all got included.

      Delete
  7. what a lovely photo. SO important to document all these little moments. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I have trying to find the photo that means the most, rather than just the 'pretty' ones.

      Delete
  8. Adorable! Love his style too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Jarvis is a bit of a dapper child

      Delete
  9. Oh Jarvis is definitely a boob man.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so adorable! i really should take more pictures of moments like these with my kids.
    Delightful Ideas
    No Bake Cake Pops Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love capturing the every day moments. I think it is important for our memory keeping

      Delete
  11. Aw..little sweetheart. Must be nice cuddling up to his mommy.

    PS: It's giveaway time on my blog! Hope you join: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/06/angelorian-tradition-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are almost as good as getting a letter or parcel in the mail.